If you like the mystical character of Sherlock Holmes and his inseparable friend Watson, you definitely will love this game. Here, you will be the famous investigator himself, investigating a lot of difficult mysteries. Your first mission is to investigate what happened to the Zouch Emerald. This precious Emerald has mysteriously disappeared after tea time.
On each mission you have to investigate different locations looking for clues, which hopefully will lead you to the main suspects and, eventually, to the criminal.
The game itself, basically consists in detecting differences between the same room, before and after the mystery arose. The screen is divided horizontally, and a magnifying glass-like cursor is what you use to point out what you find out. If you need it, you can zoom in the scene in order to detect the most difficult details. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the differences which constitutes clues. Every time you find a clue, a dialog pops-up explaining how that clue is relevant. Once you finish finding clues, you’ll get a list of suspects to investigate.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and see the welcome screen with the following options:
-Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option first shows you the introduction to the mission, which you can skip at any time, and then you can start playing.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, and full screen.
- High scores: to see the highest records.
- Quit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the MENU/PAUSE button to see the following options:
- Continue Playing: to get back to the game.
- Options: to see the Options menu commented before.
- Save and Exit: to quit the application.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Graphics Card 32 MB
- DirectX Version DirectX 8.1
- Processor Speed (MHz) 600
- HD Space (GB)
- RAM (MB) 256
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the hints
- Affordable price
- Great music and interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported